Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Holiday Heap Vendor Spotlight: Threeravens Yarn & Fiber

Get to know more about Holiday Heap Vendor Threeravens:

What do you have new for Holiday Heap?
Besides a huge amount of super bulky yarn, I'm pleased to be offering handspun-yarn covered pendant lamps this year! Wool is safe, colorful, and light, and makes the most interesting textured lampshades. I can't wait for everyone to see them!

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition has and probably always will be putting up the Christmas tree with my mom. She has ornaments from my childhood that always need to be hung while telling some funny story about why she still has it - like the styrofoam gingerbread man that I took a bite out of, in hopes of finding an actual tasty cookie. Yes, we hang it with the obvious bite missing!

What do enjoy most about the holidays in Baltimore (or in your home city)?
All the lights and decorations around the city, hoping for the holiday snow we almost never get, seeing everyone's hand knits come out to play, the holiday train gardens, Miracle on 34th St... this year I want to catch the Merry Tuba Christmas fun, too!

What is your favorite holiday cookie?
My mom [obviously the offical keeper of Christmas in my family!] makes these sugar cookies that are the thinnest, tastiest things EVER. She hits them up with a sprinkle of colored sugar, nothing overly fancy - they are the best. *nom*



No comments: