Friday, June 24, 2011

Last sneak peek of Raffle Items!

Guess what? Tomorrow is Pile of Craft!! Aren't you soooo excited?? I know I am. I'm also totally looking forward to purchasing as many raffle tickets as I can possibly get my hands on so I can up my chances for winning all this amazingly cool stuff!

Superlative Study from Sweet Pepita
Hand cut fabric lettering stitched onto acid-free drawing paper.
This is a matted 5x7 mixed media piece (fits in an 8x10 frame) and valued at $24

This is the story behind the work...
Gooder. Something was gooder... I don't remember what. "There's no such word," I told my daughter. "There's good, better, and best."
"And da bomb!" she corrected. True. Very true.

Print by Found Studios
Found Studio produces mixed media originals cleverly infused with found materials and textures.


Two Stripy Cups by Miss. Millie Ceramics.
Hand built porcelain measuring about 3 1/2" x 3'' x 3''.


Falling Leaf Animal by GreenStar Studios
She measures approximately 9" tall, and is decorated with hand stitched "falling leaves" (these small pieces of eco felt & wool felt are the tiniest bits of scraps left over from all my larger plush work... and i never throw good felt away!). Her body is 100% eco felt, a vegan felt alternative made from recycled plastic bottles, instead of animal wool. Her seams are hand sewn in blanket stitch, in a rich floss.


That's all for our sneak peaks but don't worry, there will be lots more to check out tomorrow! So be sure to stop by with your wallets, cash and shopping list.
And don't forget....all raffle proceeds go to support the Baltimore Clayworks so buy up those tickets!

No comments: