Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Meet Holiday Heap Vendor, five8ths


List your shop name and give a brief description of your work and process.
five8ths garments are crafted one at a time from high-quality natural fabrics, handmade with attention to detail in design, construction, and finishing techniques. They are polished, yet comfortable and suitable for casual occasions. Available in standard sizes, semi-custom, and bespoke, five8ths clothes allow the wearer to look their best.

Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration from a simple lifestyle, in which the environmental and social impact of the items we acquire is carefully considered. I am also inspired by the process of designing and sewing itself--I take pleasure in extended periods of concentrated work, and the experience of growth as I work towards mastering my craft.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
The Thanksgiving feast! Thanksgiving combines 2 of my favorite activities--vegan cooking and get-togethers!

No comments: