Sunday, November 20, 2011

Meet Holiday Heap Vendor, Wooly Baby


List your shop name and give a brief description of your work and process.
Wooly Baby. I'm Josie Marsh, the designer behind Wooly Baby. My slippers and hats are handmade in Pennsylvania from upcycled wool sweaters and leather jackets. When I was unable to find wool, high-topped, leather soled slippers for my baby, I made my own from thrift store clothing. Simply styled in a variety of colors, Wooly Baby slippers are available in newborn through adult sizes.

Where do you find inspiration?
Having my daughter was my initial inspiration to quit my corporate day job and figure out something that I could do at home with her. My design inspiration comes from vintage clothes and shoes and the designs in the sweaters that I find. I am inspired to use only recycled materials when I learn about the astonishing amount of trash (and used clothing in particular) that this country creates. My inspiration to grow and improve my business comes from my background as an industrial engineer and also from my finance-minded husband. And finally, my customers are wonderful inspiration and support; without them would not exist!

Other than Holiday Heap, where can we find you for purchases (online or stores).
You can find my slippers here: www.woolybaby.etsy.com

No comments: