Thursday, November 24, 2011

Meet Holiday Heap Vendor, Pidge Pidge

List your shop name and give a brief description of your work and process:

I run pidge pidge out of a cozy old train station apartment in Pennsylvania with my grumpy cat, Pigeon. My old floor loom and I are sandwiched between my sewing machine and a giant stack of fibers. Here, I hand weave scarves playing with patterns and texture and create fun, unexpected color combinations.


Where do you find inspiration?

I find inspiration anywhere I spot unique color combinations- in nature, magazines, online and at craft shows! I try keep a notebook with me (more likely the backs of envelopes and scraps) to jot ideas down to interpret later.


What is your favorite holiday tradition?

I love cooking in the kitchen all day with family to make Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner- any excuse to be warm and cozy and come up with elaborate dishes (probably with cheese or cream..) together.


What is your favorite thing about Baltimore during the holiday season?

Visiting family when we are in town and holiday heap!


Do you have anything new that shoppers can look forward to?

I have recently handsewn a collection of purses and clutches incorporating my woven designs!


Other than Holiday Heap, where can we find you for purchases (online or stores).

I will be selling my wares December 4th at Merry Mart (at the Patterson) and have an etsy shop: www.pidgepidge.etsy.com.

No comments: